2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Friday, February 15, 2019

Sadie by Courtney Summers (audio review)



HOLY SHIT!

THIS BOOK IS NOT A ROMANCE!



Blurb (from Good Reads)

A missing girl on a journey of revenge. A Serial―like podcast following the clues she's left behind. And an ending you won't be able to stop talking about.

Sadie hasn't had an easy life. Growing up on her own, she's been raising her sister Mattie in an isolated small town, trying her best to provide a normal life and keep their heads above water.

But when Mattie is found dead, Sadie's entire world crumbles. After a somewhat botched police investigation, Sadie is determined to bring her sister's killer to justice and hits the road following a few meager clues to find him.

When West McCray―a radio personality working on a segment about small, forgotten towns in America―overhears Sadie's story at a local gas station, he becomes obsessed with finding the missing girl. He starts his own podcast as he tracks Sadie's journey, trying to figure out what happened, hoping to find her before it's too late.

Courtney Summers has written the breakout book of her career. Sadie is propulsive and harrowing and will keep you riveted until the last page


Let's start with this!

Sexual assault, paedophilia, substance abuse!

WARNING: This book will break you!

Sadie was a shock of a book, I didn't even know what I was getting into when I started this audio. I am scared of true crimes, and I did not know this was going to be similar to that. The dual perspectives running together was really interesting, we had the podcast  in real time and then we had Sadie in flashbacks. I do NOT have the words to describe how I feel right now. 

This story is RAW, I recommend this book to everyone in audio-book format because it is literally the best thing since I listened to in ages. It has a full cast, and when you get to Sadie's pov it will shake you, It will ruin you.  I felt like I was part of this story, watching and listening. I really had no idea what I was going to hear next. Seriously, Listening to  what was true or what was not was very emotional and the author did an amazing job at putting this story together.

Sadie is really worth the praise and hype you have herd about. I had no idea I would like this book, I truly, truly recommend this book to everyone. I will never forget this story, or Sadie.

This book is filled with trigger warnings, Paedophilia, loss of a loved one, assault, sexual assault, murder, death, abandonment and drug use and also underage drinking.

While we get small hints from Sadie, we watch her travel to get revenge for her sister. And with the podcast running, At times I was confused, I was on the edge of my seat the last hour/hour and a half of the audio.

Seriously if there was one Audio book you had to pick to listen to, make sure you do this one.

This book will ruin you.
I was left with all these questions and all the emotions.

Ang







No comments:

Post a Comment