2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Review: Dark Witch

Dark Witch Dark Witch by Nora Roberts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hello, my bookish friends, today my review is all about Dark Witch by Nora Roberts.

When shall we three meet again?
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
When the hurlyburly’s done,
When the battle’s lost and won.
-William Shakespeare, Macbeth


I don’t even know if I can explain how excited I am about this, I have always wanted to read NJ but her back list and to even to present day is so intimidating. I always hesitated, like where do you start. So, a very Ang thing to do was research, I read so many blurbs, looked at so many covers and decided I would pick up Dark Witch.

“I am Iona. I am the Dark Witch. I am the blood. I am one of three, and this is my right.”

Dark Witch is beautifully written, the description of Irish landscape was so picture perfect I could close my eyes and see it all in front of me. I loved that is a trilogy, in this one we are introduced to Iona, she has pretty much sold everything belonging to her and moves to Ireland. I fell in love with her straight away. It is so hard to explain what this is all about, but she has two cousins that she goes to stay with and meets Boyle. Now I love the heat and passion in romances, but there was something that I loved about these two meeting and their slow romance, I would have like a little more heat I guess but it didn’t affect my love from the story. It started with us meeting the original Dark Witch and how she saves her children, defeating a dark sorcerer Cabhan. And I just don’t have the worlds to explain how perfectly entwined and lyrical in some parts this was. I loved the mystery, the magic the strong bond family and love hold.

“It was the county of her blood, and as she watched it rise and fall and spread outside the truck window, Iona understood it was the country of her heart.”

The Cousins O’Dwyer is perfect, Iona is learning her skills as a witch, I was drawn into this world from the first page, the first sentence even. I was hooked. I love that her cousins teach her how to use her magic, her talent is to speak with horses and it was epic. Hands down, so good!

Her love interest Boyle, who was this brooding hunk of a man who was a douche at some points, but in the end he’s not only wining Iona heart he was winning over my own.

The suspense came from the creeper from the beginning of the story, who wants the dark witches power, for himself. He is ruthless, will go to any lengths to get what he thinks is owed to him.

I am so excited to read the next two in the trilogy, I can not wait to see the other Cousins fall in love. I am already head over heels for Conner and Fin!

“In earth, in air, in flame, in sea. As I will, so mote it be”

Its not the best review, but it made me feel all the feels. Had me laughing, crying, on the edge of my chair, shouting, I was so engrossed in this story, in this world that I felt like I was there, watching, Watching it all unfold! I couldn’t have asked for a better start into the Nora universe!

5 magical stars!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment