2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Friday, February 16, 2018

Review: The Lucky Ones

The Lucky Ones The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WOW(!!!) I have never read this author, am I am so happy I read this one and not her other popular series. As I think this genre the mystery/suspense with some romance is becoming one of my favourite genre to read. I felt this one was perfect for me to get a feel of the authors writing.

The Lucky Ones, is about seven children that were taken in by a Dr. Dr Vincent Capello he would bring them home to his beach house. He would become there Dad, or in some cases foster Dad. With Roland, Deacon and Thora he adopted the three and any of the others that came to his care he was their foster parent... Or was he?

This was such a good mystery, I wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into, especially how is started with our main character Allison getting dumped by her lover/boss. She was a mistress of a very wealthy man and he dropped her after 6 years to be with another lady...

Anyway, almost 13 years ago Allison was living a happy life with her foster parents and her brothers and sisters as they all call them selves, and then she mysterious was waking up in a hospital and off to live with her very old Aunt who whisked her away.

Come back to the future, she gets a letter from her Roland, explaining to her that there Dad is dying and wishes for her to come home. She decides to go home and find say good-buy and to find out why she wasn't fought for, all those years ago.

Roland, OMG this man, monk was everything I loved him, he was sweet, caring and he has always loved Allison, even with a 5-6 year gap.

As the story progresses so many twist and turns, I couldn't put it down. I loved the suspense of not knowing and what was going to happen next. Seriously a fantastic read.

I really loved the story lie, and the way Tiffany wrote this story, It read quickly and with every scene that unfolded I was like "NO, omg are you serious!"

I loved all the characters, Deacon was a fav, but I cant go into any more because this is one awesome mystery and the Whys, the How's it was flipping excellent!

I laughed, swooned, giggled and fell in love with the characters, the image that the author put into our heads of what the place looks like was perfect. I had chills, and jumped a couple times.

I would recommend this to everyone, that last 10-15% was so good, I just loved watching it all unfold.

Secrets, Confessions and Mystery. What happened 13 years ago will change there lives forever or will it only change one life, Who can we trust, what is hiding in the attic. Is the person you love really who they say they are?

Overall I gave it a 4.85 but now I am all the way giving it a 5 stars!


an arc was received for honest review

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment