2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Review: Consumed

Consumed Consumed by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 out of 5


Hi everyone, I had an amazing GUEST reviewer this month Romancebookjunkie


insta: @romancebookjunkie and 
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7...


JR Ward is famous for her intense writing and stories and this one is no different! I was hooked from word go and the beginning had me so consumed (see what I did there) that I just couldn’t put it down. She went somewhere that few authors would dare to go, it was intense and an absolute ohmygod way to start a book! 
.   
Anne, the heroine, is a firefighter but after tragedy, she has a new life instead as an arson investigator. She’s not one to let anything go and is then hot on the trail of something much bigger than a couple of abandoned warehouse fires. Danny was a fellow firefighter but with some serious feelings for her, however after the same tragedy the two fell apart. However, life draws them back into each other’s lives and neither wants to stay away.

Both hero and heroine have a lot of emotional baggage to deal with, but in that way they compliment each other well as a couple. Anne is independent and a fighter which I think is exactly what she needed to be. Danny is nowhere near as alpha as the other heroes that JR Ward is known for writing and is a welcome change. Throughout the book he goes through emotional upheaval but his feelings for Anne never waver which I liked. There is also a great cast of secondary characters that make me want to read more of this world, especially Anne’s brother who we see a lot of.

The one thing I wanted more from this book was really more Anne and Danny together which there wasn’t enough of in my opinion. There are two novellas that take place before this book and I purposefully didn’t read them wanting to see how the book stood on it’s own, which as a romance I found lacking. I did however read them afterwards and honestly they need to be compulsory reads because the book and romance itself really only makes sense with them. Having read the two prequel novellas I enjoy this book so much more and it’s a great addition to JR Ward’s contemporary romances.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment