2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Friday, January 25, 2019

J.D. Robb - In Death Series



Hey, Hello, Hi *waves*

Welcome to my newest blog entry.



Today we are going to chat about my newest obsession J.D Robb. aka Nora Roberts.


I have taken on the biggest mission ever and that is the 

Here I will be coming back during the months, and updating this post with all my thoughts on each book as I read them.


In one of my previous post I posted a small update/review for Naked In Death the first book in the series, which o devoured and loved so much. I am so happy, excited that I have found another series that is so good. I have to admit that I wasn't expecting to like it this much, I am all in. I wanted to eat, breath and sleep Roarke and Eve.




The …in Death series, written by Nora Roberts under her pseudonym J.D. Robb, features NYPSD ("New York City Police and Security Department") Lieutenant Eve Dallas and her husband Roarke and is set in a mid-21st century New York City. The stories also regularly feature other characters, including Captain Ryan Feeney, Detective Delia Peabody, Detective Ian McNab and Dr. Charlotte Mira.

The series is ongoing and will go on as long as Roberts desires to write it; however, she has famously stated that the series will never contain one of Eve and Roarke's children, as the series will end with Eve's eventual pregnancy—which is nowhere in sight at the current count.

Please note: Each book in this series is a whole story with a beginning and an ending, however there may be minor references to events that occurred earlier in the series. Therefore, with respect to the mystery alone, the books can be read out of order, if desired. However, like any long series that focuses on a core group of characters, there are various relationship changes that develop more naturally when the full length novels are read in the order in which they were published.



The whole premises of this book was captivating, i was hooked. I loved the mystery behind the killings, and the characters Eve and Roarke were written so well that i just wanted to spend more time with them. Naked in Death was the first in the In Death series, and gosh! There is so many. I loved how it kept me guessing all the time, the romance was perfectly done, again I am hooked, and can not wait to jump into the next one very soon. I know i am late to the game, but i am here now.

What I really am enjoying is of course the romance between our two main characters, but the mystery crime that Eve has to solve. I am pumped that we have an extremely long series that each book told is a different crime, with Roarke and Eve's relationship developing stronger and stronger.
So far I have read books 1 and 2, and have enjoyed both very much.


From the beginning Glory in Death had me hooked, I was so invested  and way involved  with this one, the crime that Eve had to solve ... GAH ! It was creepy AF.

 I couldn't pick it, I went from one person to another and then when it was who it was I was like OMG i knew it, arrest him ! like I was the lieutenant in charge.

 I  love the way J.D. Robb writes, she has a way to pull me in and the way she describes everything makes me love it so much more. I think in all the years I have been reading Eve and Roarke are easily my #1 couple with Eve being so strong, determined and with Roarke being well, Roarke he is loyal, so much in love with Eve and these two had a few rough moments but even when they are having issues Roarke still manages to be the sexiest male I have read about, there is legit just something about him where i am *hi, pick me*  

The suspense in this one was amazing, all the way the last page. I loved that Eve let herself open up to him more int his one, I enjoyed the moments she has with her friend  Mavis, Shew is literally the funniest! and Summerset. 

I want to know why he is such a douche. At times i was giggling along with them, I cant wait to read more and watching everyone evolve. Can't wait to read the next one, I don't know why it took me so long to discover this series. If you haven't yet to pick up the first one, do it ! I HIGHLY recommend this series and I am only 2 books in.



Immortal in Death was so good you guys, I am seriously loving the mystery crime murders that Eve has to sole, that and I adore herself and Roarke's relationship. In this one they are getting married, but one slight hiccup her best friend Mavis is being charged with murder. I am Loving my buddy reads with Fran and Suz over at UTC book blog.

Immortal In Death is the third book in the series, and the story this universe is set in 2058. I know it is only the third book in, but I am seriously out of words to use to express how much i really love this series.
Incredible
Sexy
Mystery
Funny
Interesting

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Eve and Roarke are getting married, but she needs to solve a crime that centres around her befriend, models and a new drug called Immortal.

To be honest I thought I knew who the killer was, but I was wrong. I didn't even see it coming, not till the end. *hand slap to the forehead* Why didn't I see that happening. But that is why I love this series so much, the problem solving with Eve, trying to figure out the who,why, how of it all.

In this instalment we get find out a little more about, Summerset.
We find out what happened to Eve when she was younger, and man its pretty FULL ON! we also get to see more of Delia Peabody, who I really like a lot.

I really loved the twist and turns in this story, I really liked it  more then the last one, i can not wait to see where book FOUR takes us.

Now I just want to mention something, because I just have to!
THAT SEXY As Fuck GYM Scene! Holy shit, YOU GUYS!
I was like "damn, JD for an old girl you can write some fine sexy times" No seriously that scene was the scene I will remember for a long while.


Ang










No comments:

Post a Comment