2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Building Forever (This Time Forever, #1)Building Forever by Kelly Jensen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

You cant love them all, when I first came across this book I was super excited to read it, something about it was giving me all the feels. The cover is beautiful and the blurb sounded so good to me, I think it was giving me Amy Lane vibes if you have read Bonfire you will understand. Anyways, I knew as soon as I got to chapter 2 I was heading into struggle town.

Now don't get me wrong, the idea of this story is great, I didn't mind the writing style, but it was the two characters I didn't like either of them. Charlie and Simon, just didn't do it for me. and then the little twist at the end, I was eye rolling hard, because I saw that coming! it had a lot of small things simular to another story I love. but even if it didn't I just could not bring myself to love this book.

I must say, I can see why reader will enjoy this story, but I also will see why some will not, with the beginning very hard to get through, and the romance that begins is very slow and awkward. I have been reading MM stories very a really long time now and there sexy times was meh for me. at some point I skimmed over it and continued on my way...

But hey each to there own, and I could be in the minority of readers that didn't enjoy this as much as they were hoping.

I cant really say more then that because it would just giveaway the story. It has some great humour and it does have a sweet romance.

Overall I gave it a 2.5 stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment