2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Review: Nightchaser

Nightchaser Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

NIGHTCHASER BY AMANDA BOUCHET

I didn’t realize at the time this was a sci fi/ fantasy novel, I honestly seen that Amanda was releasing a new story and I was like YES gimme, gimme, gimme.

Tess our main character, has secrets. A lot of them! And Shade is everything I adore in a main male lead. He too has a past and he struggles with that too.

The suspense was great, I enjoyed the other characters too, it was a fun and enjoyable read, it wasn’t my favourite, but it was still solid.
The book doesn’t end on a major cliffy, but it does set up the next one.

“Some ends are just a new beginning…”

The world building as always was fantastic and so imaginative, space pirates, stealing goods from the rich and giving them to the poor. I struggle with Sci Fi settings, but this was different with the different sectors and culture on each “city”

Straight away when you open this story it has you in the middle of action, I found it to be fast paced in the start, then a slow in the middle and picked back up in the end.

I wish it was told in dual POV instead of first person, and third. I did struggle to at times to stay connected with the story, I haven't read a lot of sci fi, that's what I'm putting it down to.

I LOVED all the ROMANCE, and totally here for Shade, he is again perfect male lead, if you liked Amanda’s other work you are going to enjoy the romance and male lead in this one too.

Overall, I liked Nightchaser, and look forward to the next one. It was a good start to a new series.
4

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment