2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Reading Update 9th-15th January

Hello, Hi there and welcome.


I promised myself that I would be more social on my blog this year, i'm not sure who reads these blog entries, sometimes its just for ourselves I guess. 


From the last time I was on here talking about books I have finished and started a few new things,  I read Naked In Death by J.D. Robb and  WOW i am blown away at how much i loved it, and now all i can think about is Eve and Roarke.

I am going to do another whole blog post entry on this whole series.Each time i read from that series i will update it as i go, i think. Honestly haven't thought about how i will do it.What i do know is that i am committed to the challenge  and want to update my progress as i read each one.  I want to read them all, I am reading the as a buddy read with Fran and Suz  from UTC Book Blog.  But for now, here are my thoughts. The whole premises of this book was captivating, i was hooked. I loved the mystery behind the killings, and the characters Eve and Roarke were written so well that i just wanted to spend more time with them. Naked in Death was the first in the In Death series, and gosh! There is so many. I loved how it kept me guessing all the time, the romance was perfectly done, again I am hooked, and can not wait to jump into the next one very soon. I know i am late to the game, but i am here now. 





I then read Bad Attitude by Sherrilyn Kenyon  a book from my Tackle My TBR Challenge.

This wasn't bad, it for my was just OK. like I enjoyed it but i didn't connect with the characters, well that is a lie. I didn't like the chick in much, she took ages for me to like. I really  liked the dude, but i cant even remember there names now and its been a few day. I am happy i did read it from mt ever so long TBR shelf. In saying that i would continue the series, as the other secondary characters were awesome to read about. This for me was a 3 star read.







I then looked at Fantasy books for my next Romance-opoly read and have narrowed it down to a couple. I think. Its hard for me to pick a romance fantasy, because I have to many options I always feel overwhelmed. I'm in no rush though, i am on track I just know that before the months end i would like to have either started my fantasy read or finished one before Feb rolls around the corner. The books i am considering are Dreamers Pool and Dragon Bones, Make Me Burn also.




But in the meantime let am tell you about what I am reading now, a Nora Roberts book called Black Hills. This book you guys, this book! straight up, the beginning had me a little sceptical because it starts with both characters being so young, then we follow then building a friendship and as they grew so did there bond, with in the first 5-6 chapters you watch these two kids turn into small adults and then into young adults falling in love but then life happens and throws them a curve ball and then we meet them again 12 years later. Both of them being in there early 30's. Its a chunky story, As i am writing this blog post i am just hitting halfway into the book, i am sitting around 260 pages of a 538 page book. I am total involved with the story, i am loving the characters, the very slow burn relationship they are creating, and the world the Nora has written about. I love the mystery suspense element, i cant wait to find out who is the crazy fucker behind the killings and stalking. Cooper and Lil are brilliant characters with fantastic narratives, and they have a great bunch of secondary charters that i am really enjoying too.

From the blurb on the back on the book.

In this #1 New York Times bestseller, Nora Roberts takes readers deep into the rugged Black Hills of South Dakota, where the shadows keep secrets, hunters stalk the land, and a childhood friendship matures into an adult passion.
 
Cooper Sullivan spent the summers of his youth on his grandparents’ South Dakota ranch, sharing innocent games and stolen kisses with the neighbour girl, Lil Chance. Now, twelve years after they last walked together hand in hand, fate has brought them back to the Black Hills. 
 
Coop has left his fast-paced life as an investigator in New York to take care of his aging grandparents and the ranch he has come to call home. Though the memory of his touch still haunts her, Lil has let nothing stop her dream of opening the Chance Wildlife Refuge, but something...or someone...has been keeping a close watch. When small pranks and acts of destruction escalate into a heartless attack on Lil’s beloved cougar, memories of an unsolved murder in these very hills have Coop springing to action to keep Lil safe.
 
Lil and Coop know the natural dangers that lurk in the wild landscape of the Black Hills. But a killer of twisted and unnatural instincts has singled them out as prey...



Once I am finish I will defiantly let you know what  I think and feel, But for now I am 100% hooked, also I have started a new audio too. I do like to listen to an audio when i am driving, or when I am cleaning the house, or laying in bed.. I started the 4th Immortals After Dark book, well now this is a long story i started this series 10 years ago but didn't continue with them, not because i didn't like them because i got distracted with other books at the time, and before i knew it i was way to far behind to try and catch up, in the end i over the years collected some of the books here and there but had have all intentions getting back into them. I own this one in Paperback but i grabbed the audio too i am really enjoying it again, but i haven't listened to any of it for a couple days. Hopefully when I return I can say that I have finished with that audio too.

If you want to know what i am reading or watch my progress I am on Instagram posting updates all the time as i go. That is all for now, I hope you have enjoyed this little update into my reading. I haven't read a lot this week, I was also getting the January Book Lover Mystery Boxes together for postage this week. Have an awesome week, a magical weekend.

Ang














No comments:

Post a Comment