2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Black Hills by Nora Robert Review


Hi, Hello & Welcome Friends.



Black Hills
Black Hills By Nora Roberts 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 




This book you guys, this book! straight up, the beginning had me a little sceptical because it starts with both characters being so young, then we follow then building a friendship and as they grew so did there bond, with in the first 5-6 chapters you watch these two kids turn into small adults and then into young adults falling in love but then life happens and throws them a curve ball and then we meet them again 12 years later. 

Both of them being in there early 30's. Its a chunky story, the whole time I was reading Black Hills, YES! the entire 538 page book I was totally involved with the story, I loved the characters, the very slow burn relationship they were creating, and the world the Nora has written about. I love the mystery suspense element, it was creepy and entertaining I couldn't stop reading it.

Cooper and Lil are brilliant characters with fantastic narratives, and they have a great bunch of secondary charters that I was really invested in, I loved Lil's best friend Tansy her relationship with Farley was beautiful to watch them fall in love as well as the main couple. I loved with this story it was like watching a movie unfold all the elements came together and it was epic. That ending man, had me up and down. My only complain was the ending could have been a better, but all in all I can see myself recommending this to friends and even re reading it one day. Also what was also amazing were the animals, all the big cats of the world and how they saved them that alone was such a massive part of this story and I was here for it. Set in the town of Deadwood (freaking loved that show) it was described sensational I just could close my eyes and could see it all unfold, that right there is a true story teller.

Again, I enjoyed the wildlife refuge and the descriptions of the country.

Honorable mentions, Cooper's grandparents and Lil's parents were so good, they were just as important to this tale as everyone else. I loved all there relationships with each other and they really brought heart and humour to the story.

The psycho killer was insane, at time a little eye rolling because he was so frustrating, he really was nuts.

One last thing BABY, I loved that big cougar so much, her interaction with her was beautiful!

For a 3$ paperback bargain, I am so stoked and proud of myself for reading this story, it was a chunky book and at no point in the time of reading it that I was having any regrets. I really enjoyed this book, I loved it and again understand why Nora is the queen. And to find this edition was like icing to the cake, this cover was what drew me to this book. The cover is so pretty !

I know this review is a little vague, and i'm not really telling you its completely about but in full honesty its hard to explain with out giving everything away. The best advise would be to go in blind, prepare yourself for falling in-love with this family, friends town world place that Nora has created. You will be hit with all the feels and I found myself tearing up hear and there. I just loved it so much!

All in all it took me 4 days in total to read and I give 5 stars out of 5.


From the blurb on the back on the book.

In this #1 New York Times bestseller, Nora Roberts takes readers deep into the rugged Black Hills of South Dakota, where the shadows keep secrets, hunters stalk the land, and a childhood friendship matures into an adult passion.
 
Cooper Sullivan spent the summers of his youth on his grandparents’ South Dakota ranch, sharing innocent games and stolen kisses with the neighbour girl, Lil Chance. Now, twelve years after they last walked together hand in hand, fate has brought them back to the Black Hills. 
 
Coop has left his fast-paced life as an investigator in New York to take care of his aging grandparents and the ranch he has come to call home. Though the memory of his touch still haunts her, Lil has let nothing stop her dream of opening the Chance Wildlife Refuge, but something...or someone...has been keeping a close watch. When small pranks and acts of destruction escalate into a heartless attack on Lil’s beloved cougar, memories of an unsolved murder in these very hills have Coop springing to action to keep Lil safe.
 
Lil and Coop know the natural dangers that lurk in the wild landscape of the Black Hills. But a killer of twisted and unnatural instincts has singled them out as prey...

No comments:

Post a Comment