2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Rack & Ruin (THIRDS Book 3) by Charlie Cochet


Hello,Hello, Hi & Welcome.


Get cosy, Welcome to my little slice of the bookish community.



Rack & Ruin (THIRDS Book 3) by Charlie Cochet
BLURB:
Sequel to Blood & Thunder
THIRDS: Book Three

New York City’s streets are more dangerous than ever with the leaderless Order of Adrasteia and the Ikelos Coalition, a newly emerged Therian group, at war. Innocent civilians are caught in the crossfire and although the THIRDS round up more and more members of the Order in the hopes of keeping the volatile group from reorganizing, the members of the Coalition continue to escape and wreak havoc in the name of vigilante justice.

Worse yet, someone inside the THIRDS has been feeding the Coalition information. It’s up to Destructive Delta to draw out the mole and put an end to the war before anyone else gets hurt. But to get the job done, the team will have to work through the aftereffects of the Therian Youth Center bombing. A skirmish with Coalition members leads Agent Dexter J. Daley to a shocking discovery and suddenly it becomes clear that the random violence isn’t so random. There’s more going on than Dex and Sloane originally believed, and their fiery partnership is put to the test. As the case takes an explosive turn, Dex and Sloane are in danger of losing more than their relationship.


My Thoughts.
Rack & Ruin is another great book in the THIRDS series.

OK guys, here is the thing. I rated this 3 stars, but I think after thinking about it some more, I've bumped it up to 4 stars, it was overall keeping my attention and I loved the feelings it put me through, and that is how I rate my books, is the overall feelings I feel. Does hat even make sense?

If you have not read this series, or this book I would LOOK AWAY NOW. Because there will e spoilers, and  have no time to sugar coat things.

Straight up, my poor little heart can not take the stress that the book ended,with Sloane getting blasted. Christ, I am itching to pick up the next one asap. Which I am excited to do so, I reached out the the publishers and they ave granted me access to the next two books in AUDIO.

Right back to my thoughts, I am so glad  did not begin to read this series when it came out because I would be a mess, quite possible the fetal position swearing a storm right about now. I am so happy to see progress with Sloan and Dex who I adore. After reading this book, I feel a lot better understanding why Sloan is a big old scardy cat to commit to Dex any deeper than he already is.Sloan has already known heartache before and this is why he is so damn hesitant.

 Dax, is AMAZING he is literally everything. I found him even more lovable, if that can happen. He wears is heart on his sleeve, and he is so all in with Sloan, but he always puts others before him self. He grew even more apart of the team in this instalment.

As for Ash, yikes I really thought he was bad, and batting for the other team. I think he was to mean and douch (e) towards Cael. I was like OK, there is mean but then there is ASS-HOLE and he hurt Cael.

I loved the character development with all the characters,  I look forward to seeing each one fall to there knees for there partner. Adore all the growing relationships happening between all of them, becoming a tighter unit. I especially love where Dex and Sloan left of before the cliffhanger ending.

Rack & Ruin was in my opinion very intense, filled with action, heat and a lot of humour!

Highly recommended that you check out this amazing series, and be sure to check out my other reviews.

THIRDS


No comments:

Post a Comment