2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Monday, April 22, 2019

Flatshare by Beth O'Leary Review


Hello, Hello, Hi *waves*
Pull up a chair, welcome to my little slice of the bookish community.




Blurb

Tiffy and Leon share a flat
Tiffy and Leon share a bed
Tiffy and Leon have never met…
 


Tiffy Moore needs a cheap flat, and fast. Leon Twomey works nights and needs cash. Their friends think they’re crazy, but it’s the perfect solution: Leon occupies the one-bed flat while Tiffy’s at work in the day, and she has the run of the place the rest of the time.

But with obsessive ex-boyfriends, demanding clients at work, wrongly imprisoned brothers and, of course, the fact that they still haven’t met yet, they’re about to discover that if you want the perfect home you need to throw the rulebook out the window…
 


My Thoughts

'The Flatshare' did not feel  red or feel like so many of the countless romantic-comedy books I've read throughout the years.

Tiffy and Leon are flatmates with a twist. They share a bed. But Leon is in the flat only during the day as he works night shifts. Where Tiffy is in the flat at nights and on the weekends. Their lives are so separate that they haven't even met... I mean we know where this is going to go eventually.

 BUT THIS ROMANTIC JOURNEY IS FABULOUS!


When Tiffy and Leon start leaving generic post it notes for each other around the flat (regarding things such as bin day, leftover food etc) that is when the story got really good. These notes gradually evolve into a deeper intimacy and the two find themselves getting to know each other on a deeper level, and eventually they become very good friends.

The pacing was slow, I thought the book might have the error of using the notes as the sole point of contact between the two leads , I am still unsure if that was intentional. After awhile I got used to it, but in the beginning it was a distraction. It was only when it was Leon's POV.


I really wasn't expecting that this story is far more emotional than I ever thought possible from a light read. This is because it deals with some heavy issues. controlling, stalker (ish) ex boyfriends, A brother in prison.

I enjoyed the lead characters, and I really liked the secondary characters, there friends. Overall I really enjoyed my time with this story.


If you're a fan of romantic comedies a then this book is definitely one you should pick up.



No comments:

Post a Comment