2020 Reading Challenge

2020 Reading Challenge
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews has read 0 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Scallywagathon TBR & SAPPHIRE & Planet Zero by Christina Blake Review


Hello, Hi & Welcome.

Get cosy, Welcome again to my little slice of the bookish community.



From the 5th-12th of May I am doing the Readathon called the #scallywagathon it is sort of a self adventure type, where you have a map and set a course of where you want to go and what you want to read. You literally only have to read 4 books to complete the challenge.




Above is said map, and here is a little clip of what I plan to read.



Firstly My first destination is Extraterrestrial. Where you are to read a Genre you don't normal read.



BLURB:

Sixteen-year-old Sapphire Serel wants more out of her life. She lacks a close relationship with her parents, who fail to notice her. Day after day she feels herself drifting away from her once-close friends. However, it isn't until people around the world start dying for unknown reasons that her life becomes exceptionally complicated. Sapphire’s life gets even stranger when her new cat, Toby, talks to her. He turns her world upside down, telling her that she is a creature from another planet! After hearing that she has a duty in a prophecy to save humanity from extinction, Sapphire believes she is going mad but is taken aback when her Grandma confirms the facts. After struggling with who she really is, Sapphire comes to terms with her destiny. With the help of her humorous talking cat and charming ex-boyfriend, Sapphire embarks on her journey to Planet Zero.

Thoughts on the book.

You never know what you will get when you open a book and start reading, at the back of my mind I knew this might have been a little to YA for my liking, Yes i enjoy Ya  when its more on the mature side of the spectrum.

Unfortunately in this case this was not for me, I felt it was too young. It was about a newly turned 16 year old, who is the chosen one. With a love triangle to boot.

Sapphire and her talking cat, Toby. Go on an adventure to another world, to save earth and also Planet Zero. With friendships, cute romance and family bonds.

It was interesting, I did like the world created and the author did a great job of making your experience enjoyable. 

Though for me, I am getting to old to be reading about younger characters, who I can not relate to any more. I am almost 36 and I think at the end of the day, My children who are 12,14, and 15 would love this story. Even my 7 year old would enjoy the story if I were to read it out to her.

I was flattered that the author reached out to me to read and review, I took a chance and read the story. I can defiantly recommend this story to a younger audience. I know the copy I have will be loved by my own little readers.

Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment